Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rose glow normandie dishes





When showing and take a while look to this photo, then one name comes up, peacock !!!, yes you right :) except this fanlike with yellow colour. Actually a little flower, but when take to macro mode, it's becomes more fun, and showing totally different.


flowers.jpg
flowers - flowers.jpg



It's always interesting to earwig on conversations at a flower show, you can't really help it when there are so many visitors, and everyone's got their own ideas as to what makes a great show garden or exhibit. One comment I hear time and time again is how inspiring the gardens are and how they're going to try to copy 'that ' colour scheme or 'this' style of planting. The thing that I'm going to take away and copy from this years show is not plants but paths. thyme_path.jpgThe back to back gardens are very good for hard landscaping ideas and I spotted a brick edged path in-filled with pebbles stuck into concrete, much like a mosaic. Or, there's a stone path with grass instead of mortar and something more contemporary, a metal grid suspended over a bog garden - almost like a bridge. However, the one that I'm going to copy at home is the path in 'The Garden for Bees'. It's a gravel path planted with an informal drift of thyme, which smells as good as it looks. The good news for me is that I've already got a gravel path, all I have to do is add the 'thyme' and once the flower show is over, I'll have the 'time' to do it.
Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment